Join Peter Kent for an in-depth discussion in this video Variable closing fee, part of Selling on the Amazon Marketplace.
- View Offline
- The next fee, the so called variable closing fee…is a little more complicated starting with its name.…The manner in which the variable closing fee…is charged has changed over the years,…and these days the term itself doesn't really mean much…beyond the fact that you'll be charge another fee.…How or if it gets charged depends on several things,…the type of product, whether you're…shipping for yourself or using FBA,…and whether you customize shipping charges,…or let Amazon charge its standard fee for shipping.…
First let's consider the product type.…Amazon splits products up into two classes…as far as the variable closing fee goes.…Media products, what Amazon often calls BMVD products,…and non-media products.…BMVD means books, music, videos, DVDs,…but the class is actually much broader…than that including Blue-rays,…computer software including computer games,…video games and even somewhat strangely video game consoles.…
We have two groups BMVD and everything else.…It's easy to figure out the…variable closing fee for BMVD products.…
- Understanding the Amazon Marketplace
- Listing against an existing product
- Reviewing shipping options
- Paying referral and closing fees
- Setting up an account
- Listing products individually or en masse
- Dealing with taxes
- Shipping products
- Managing inventory
- Creating reports
- Handling customer feedback
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Amazon Marketplace
2. Setting Up an Account
3. Creating and Pricing Listings
4. Shipping Products
"Shipping" your FBA orders1m 45s
5. Managing Your Business in Seller Central
6. Managing Customers and Reviews
Seeing how Amazon rates you9m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.