Join Peter Kent for an in-depth discussion in this video Example of fees, part of Selling on the Amazon Marketplace.
- So, that's essentially it.…We have the Referral Fee or commission.…In some cases there's a variable closing fee.…And, either your receive a shipping credit…or the custom shipping charge you specified.…And there are FBA charges if you're…using that service.…Of course, if you're shipping product yourself…there are costs associated with that.…Let's look at an example of a real product…being sold on Amazon right now.…Let's take this product,…the Nikon D90 we looked at earlier.…You'll notice that this one's being sold for $900.…
And the merchant's gonna ship the product directly.…It's not in an Amazon warehouse.…We'll also notice the merchant's offering free shipping,…a strategy often used by non-FBA merchants…to compete against the guys using Amazon's warehouse.…What will the merchants pay Amazon when the sale is made?…The only fee Amazon is going to take is…the 8 percent referral fee for this category.…There's a one dollar minimum on that referral fee,…though that doesn't really come into play here,…as 8 percent of $900 is $72.…
- Understanding the Amazon Marketplace
- Listing against an existing product
- Reviewing shipping options
- Paying referral and closing fees
- Setting up an account
- Listing products individually or en masse
- Dealing with taxes
- Shipping products
- Managing inventory
- Creating reports
- Handling customer feedback
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Amazon Marketplace
2. Setting Up an Account
3. Creating and Pricing Listings
4. Shipping Products
"Shipping" your FBA orders1m 45s
5. Managing Your Business in Seller Central
6. Managing Customers and Reviews
Seeing how Amazon rates you9m 35s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.