Learn how marketers actually gather and use your data, as well as what you can do to better manage your privacy.
The most valuable thing on the planet is our data. Mine, yours, and every other consumer's. And the primary use of your data is to sell you more stuff, more often and make money doing it. Unfortunately, because this data is so valuable many are trying anything they can to get more of your data and their methods aren't always ethical. Rather than ask for permission, they ask for forgiveness when they're caught. So you need to understand what information you're sharing, how it's being captured, how to manage both.
I'm Matt Bailey, join me on Linked In learning as I walk you through the world of marketing data and show you how to take control of what, when and how your data is being captured.
- How marketers collect your data
- How being tracked can affect consumers
- Differences between explicit data and implicit data
- How retargeting works
- Using an ad blocker
- Identifying third-party cookies
- How advertising technology delivers relevant ads
- Managing privacy on your smartphone