You cannot perfectly model human behavior with the marketing funnel. Learn why it's important to think about the marketing funnel as a flexible framework for the buyer's journey.
- Marketing education is full of disclaimers,…and it's because nothing is really as straightforward…as it seems in discussion.…As you've come to learn, the funnel we're discussing…is meant to simplify a rather complicated concept.…When you really think about it,…you can find thousands of exceptions…to the rules of the funnel.…We like to believe there's a clear handoff…from stage to stage,…yet some consumers are impulsive.…They move through the stages of the funnel…at an unbelievable pace,…with little regard for our messaging.…Others can be loyal advocates for products they don't own.…
They've just skipped the action stage altogether.…And on that same note, others can be detractors…for a product they know nothing about,…simply because they don't want other people…to have the opportunity to own it.…The path a customer takes through your funnel…could be a loop, a spiral, a zigzag, and so on.…They can dart in and out of your funnel…and others seem to well, just disappear.…The time they spend at each step is variable.…
Learn about the five unique segments of the funnel: awareness, interest, desire, action, and loyalty. Explore touchpoints and discover how to create campaigns that drive customers through the funnel. Plus, find out how to improve the performance of your funnel, and evolve it to meet the changing needs of your business and your buyer.
- What is the marketing funnel?
- Segmenting the marketing funnel
- Mapping the buyer's journey
- Creating a marketing sequence
- Converting: Moving through the funnel
- Improving the funnel
- Evolving the funnel
Skill Level Beginner
1. Marketing Funnel Basics
2. Marketing Funnel Segments
3. The Buyer's Journey
4. A Marketing Sequence
A funnel scenario3m 57s
5. Moving Through the Funnel
6. Improving Funnel Performance
7. Evolving the Funnel
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.