What is content marketing distribution? The importance of direct marketing and search marketing techniques to help your audience find our content. Discover the importance of social media for content marketing distribution.
- [Instructor] Before I share why I believe social media is such a great platform for distributing marketing content, let me explain what I mean by distribution. With so much focus on creating content, it can be easy to cross it off your task list and move straight on to to creating the next piece. As marketers we need to lead people to find and read our content, it won't just happen. We need to guide them through the thousands of messages they see and hear every day. We can use direct marketing techniques to put our content in front of our audience, and we can use search marketing to make our content easy to find.
We can use social media in both of these ways. We can use it to reach our immediate networks of connections, fans, and followers, and through social sharing we can extend that network further. By using keywords in posts, people can find us that way too. Let me explain. Let's picture content as the bridge between customer and company. For a customer, content answers their search queries. For a company, content provides the information they want a customer to know about their business. As a business, I want my content to appear whenever a customer is searching.
So, I need to know what tools they are using to search and then I need to make sure my content shows up in the search results. I need my content to be in the places my audience hang out. You need to fish where the fish are. Social media is a great place for content distribution because that's where people are hanging out. Right now LinkedIn has more that 467 million members in 200 counties and territories. As of the fourth quarter of 2016, Twitter averaged 319 million monthly active users, while Facebook had 1.86 billion.
Big numbers. So, somewhere on the hundreds of social media platforms available, you will find your target audience.
- What's content marketing?
- Understanding the power of social media as a platform
- What are the four types of content for social media?
- Distributing content on social media
- Measuring success
- Tips for great content marketing with social media