The best marketing strategies map out the buyer journey and identify where consumers cross into your funnel. See how thinking about the critical paths for your buyers can help you make the most of the marketing funnel.
- When you know the buyer journey,…you'll know where to deploy solutions in the funnel.…The funnel has helped us understand…the steps they'll go through,…but there's still a journey within those steps.…A user can have many touchpoints within each stage…and unless we're careful, we'll create scenarios…where users wander aimlessly.…The journey within the funnel needs to be systematic,…and reflect the notion that we're moving…the user downwards within it.…We understand the buyer will go through the stages…from awareness to action, and hopefully to loyalty;…but what does the buyer journey look like…within those stages? How did the buyer become aware?…Did they walk into a store and see the product on the shelf?…Did they hear about it from a friend?…Did they click on a social media advertisement?…If they saw an item on the shelf,…were there competing products alongside yours?…If so, what does that do for their journey?…Will they now be comparing your product…to the one next to it? And if so,…are they comparing it on cost? On benefit?…
Learn about the five unique segments of the funnel: awareness, interest, desire, action, and loyalty. Explore touchpoints and discover how to create campaigns that drive customers through the funnel. Plus, find out how to improve the performance of your funnel, and evolve it to meet the changing needs of your business and your buyer.
- What is the marketing funnel?
- Segmenting the marketing funnel
- Mapping the buyer's journey
- Creating a marketing sequence
- Converting: Moving through the funnel
- Improving the funnel
- Evolving the funnel
Skill Level Beginner
1. Marketing Funnel Basics
2. Marketing Funnel Segments
3. The Buyer's Journey
4. A Marketing Sequence
A funnel scenario3m 57s
5. Moving Through the Funnel
6. Improving Funnel Performance
7. Evolving the Funnel
Next steps1m 15s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.