Learn what the backlog is and how it works.
- The word backlog can have a bit…of a negative connotation outside of agile.…It can say to some, oh, we are way behind,…but in agile marketing the backlog…is an important and valuable component.…Quite simply, the backlog is a list…of everything that needs to be done.…It's organized by epics and by stories.…Let's look at an example of how a backlog works.…I have a client in the branded sunglass space…and digital pay per click works really well for them.…
They had a new line extension coming out…and we needed to make a big splash.…So we scheduled a war room…and we generated a lot of great ideas.…We leveraged our strategy…and data that we had from previous campaigns…and a good dose of brain power.…We then organized those ideas into a list.…This was the beginning of our backlog.…We then worked on what is known as grooming the backlog.…So to groom the backlog means that…we are prioritizing the order that the backlog is in,…and developing each line item.…
Each line item can either be known as…an epic or a story.…An epic is a series or a group of stories…
- Who needs agile marketing?
- Triangulated vs. circular workflows
- Core values of agile marketing
- Data's role in marketing
- Analytics for agile marketing
- Reviewing best practices for data-driven marketing
- How to effectively bring a team together
- Using agile marketing tools
Skill Level Intermediate
The Data Science of Marketingwith Chris DallaVilla2h 21m Intermediate
Marketing Analytics: Setting and Measuring KPIswith Adriaan Brits42m 5s Intermediate
1. The Agile Marketing Playbook
2. Citizen Data Scientists and Agile Marketing
3. Agile Marketing Team
4. Agile Marketing Tools
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.