Learn how to create a brand that stands the test of time. Branding thought leader Soon Yu provides a framework for building iconic brands.
- So a couple of years ago, one of my favorite brands decided to go out of business, and quite frankly, I was pissed off, and I was trying to figure out why I was pissed off, 'cause I hadn't really purchased that brand in probably like 20 years. And the brand was Twinkie, and I thought to myself, why are some brands able to stand the test of time? How are they able to become part of our collective memories and our experiences, and sort of transcend the idea of being just nostalgic but becoming something highly relevant in our lives, and ultimately becoming a standard-bearer for something that we really care about.
And one of the best ways to create signatures is actually creating signature elements for your brands, things that are shortcuts and reminders of why your brand is different, why it's meaningful, and why it's memorable.
- Explain how signature elements relate to customer choice when selecting a certain brand.
- Recognize signature elements.
- Define the saying “innovate your benefit”.
- Recall the benefits of longevity.
- Identify the key in scaling power.