Join Goldie Chan for an in-depth discussion in this video Why build your communities online?, part of Building Online Communities.
- Why do we want to build communities online versus offline? This is a trick question. We always want to build both. Building a community online helps strengthen an existing offline community or helps support the mutual growth of both online and offline at the same time. One example of how online and offline communities complement each other is the ability to leave comments online about an offline event.
Another example is creating an online survey on the best times for an offline meetup. Building a community online is the bones of a community that supports the body, the offline community.
- Researching marketing demographics
- Choosing a social media platform
- Inheriting a community or starting one from scratch
- Creating content for your community
- Building engagement
- Giving back