Learn how to get started in social bookmarking, what the platforms are, and how to curate content like a pro.
- [Narrator] It wasn't long ago when I had a filing cabinet full of clippings. I'd see an article that caught my eye and save it. I had a whole process. Rip out the page, cut the article out and write the date and publication at the top. And I'd refer to the files when I was researching a presentation or project for work. The trouble was, it could take me a long time to find what I was looking for. I knew I had it somewhere, but there were so many other clips to go through first. I could never organize my clips in a way that made them easy to sort through.
Changed for me with social media when I discovered social bookmarking; a fast and easy way to clip and organize articles and stories digitally. Social bookmarking is a lot like scrapbooking, except without the scissors and glue. And with a built in index system that I can organize myself. I use a platform called diigo, which we cover in other videos. Now if I want to find an article I just do a quick search and voilà, there it is. Many of you already do social bookmarking, but you're just not aware of it.
If you're on Pinterest, for example, the photos you save and share are like a social bookmark. But what I really like about social bookmarking, or content curation, is that it can be organized. I can tag articles by publication, author, subject, theme, pretty much anything I want. I can use browser extensions to clip them quickly. I can even annotate them, so I can see the sections that stood out, for me, at a glance. And I can share them on social media.
And that's where it gets exciting for brands. Social bookmarking gives organizations a way to discover and save content, categorize it and search for content they want to share. It can be used to curate content for blog posts and newsletters, and you can also use it as a personal business library, to story articles you find interesting that you may want to refer to, later on. In this course, you'll learn how to get started, what the platforms are and how to curate content like a pro.
You'll be amazed at how easy it is to integrate social bookmarking into your content marketing strategy and harness the power of a whole new content stream.
- Assessing your audience, goals, and objectives
- Integrating social bookmarking into a content strategy
- Reviewing available social bookmarking platforms
- Using Diigo for social bookmarking
- Using tags, outliners, and groups in Diigo
- Researching using social bookmarking
- Curating content with social bookmarking