In this video, gain insights into how to select and adjust your multimedia content mix.
- [Instructor] I always considered myself a writer, … so when I started my blog, I thought it was all about words. … And in the first year or so, I may have used one photo, … I'm not going to tell you what it is. … But online communication is so much more than that. … In order for your blog to be successful, … you need to be a multimedia storyteller and include photos, … infographics, gifs, emoji, videos, charts, … and podcasts in your posts. … But do you need all those elements in every post? … Well, the answer is kind of yes, but within reason. … For instance, not every blog needs to have a podcast … or video series or the same combination of visuals … in every post. … But as your creating content, you need to think about … which types of media enhance your story … and work best for the audience you're trying to reach. … Start by considering your goals, the resources you have … to produce multimedia and what else you'll need. … And all that depends on your budget and team. … Do you have a staff member who's passionate about video? …
- Explain how to determine the purpose of your company’s blog.
- Differentiate among the various top blogging platforms.
- Describe how to choose and write editorial guidelines.
- Name the six steps involved in the workflow and approvals process.
- Summarize some ways you can optimize your blog posts.
- Distinguish among curation, guest blogging, and syndication.