In this video, discover when blogs started and how they've evolved.
- I first heard about blogging at a conference in 2005, … and I was hooked. … As a writer and PR pro, … blogging seemed like the ideal way … to combine text and publishing to build my voice online. … And while I wanted to start right away, … I didn't think I had the skills to make it happen. … Of course, I was looking at it from a web 1.0 perspective … rather than the DIY nature of blogs. … One of the original bloggers, Dave Winer, … started in 1994 and is still active today. … He helped create RSS, … the feed stream that powers most blogs, … and he invented podcasts. … So he does have a technical background, … but more important, he has a distinct POV. … In the early days, many blogs were personal … and synonymous with online diaries. … If you were passionate about a subject, … you could start a blog, share your experiences, … and comment on other sites. … And hopefully, like-minded people would find you … and start a conversation. … Blogs were a form of social media … that began a few years before Facebook, …
- Explain how to determine the purpose of your company’s blog.
- Differentiate among the various top blogging platforms.
- Describe how to choose and write editorial guidelines.
- Name the six steps involved in the workflow and approvals process.
- Summarize some ways you can optimize your blog posts.
- Distinguish among curation, guest blogging, and syndication.