Learn how the GDPR affects marketers around the world. Prepare for the new privacy regulation, which becomes active and enforceable in May 2018.
- The General Data Protection Regulation, or the GDPR as it's widely known, represents a very profound change, probably a lot of work, and possibly an incredible opportunity to marketers everywhere. While this comprehensive set of data privacy legislation comes from the European Union, make no mistake, it applies to organizations of all sizes, and regardless of where you are or where you do business. Hi. I'm David Booth, co-founder of digital data and analytics firm, Cardinal Path.
and in this course, we're going to walk through the GDPR and what it means to you as a marketer. While we won't be providing any legal advice or diving into specific elements of your own unique situation, we will be covering what the GDPR is, who it impacts and how, and what you'll have to do in order to become compliant. After watching this course, hopefully, you'll not only understand the GDPR well enough to raise some alarms or work through this within your organization, but for those that are a bit behind in preparing, you'll have some next steps and action items that you can pursue.
We've got a lot to cover. So let's dive in to the GDPR for Marketers.
- Define “personal data.”
- Name three data subject rights provided by GDPR.
- Recall the steps that need to be taken to comply with GDPR.
- Explain “privacy by design.”
- Identify the responsibilities of a data protection officer.
- Recognize the steps required to audit your data and processes.