Learn about practical techniques and tools that can help marketers better manage their time.
- [Instructor] Welcome. I'm Ian Lurie and I've been a marketer for over 20 years. I've done everything from search engine optimization to direct mail. My teams have to manage budget, reporting and schedules. The toughest to manage for us, though, has always been time. Everything we do is time-constrained. We have deadlines. Campaign changes require fast adjustments and interrupt our work. And in spite of the expression, you can't buy time. And bigger teams don't always provide more of it.
In this course, you'll learn a time management system built for marketers based on managing interruptions and staying productive when you're handling multiple projects. We'll create a simple, portable, trusted system for time and task management. We'll look at the common time syncs and how to reduce them. And you'll learn some great tools to help you win back time and be more efficient. One really important note, this course builds on some great smart time management experts and methods. David Allen's "Getting Things Done", Gina Trapani's TODO.txt tool set, The Pomodoro System, and tons of bloggers, nerds and other marketers who have coached me over the years.
I'll point them out as we go. Time management isn't a chore or nice to have. It's an essential job skill. It can also be great fun as you learn new tools and tweak your routine to become more and more effective. I'm excited that you're joining me for this course. So let's get started.
- Using text files and Dropbox
- Setting up across devices
- Handling vague tasks
- Keeping your task list up to date
- Handling interruptions
- Using text-snippet tools to write email and reduce typos
- Learning hot keys and shortcuts