Marketing is an important business investment. Find out about the costs of marketing and the different ways a marketing budget can be set.
- [Instructor] Hi my name is Luan Wise. I'm an experienced marketing practitioner and I've worked with organizations and budgets large and small. For any business large or small marketing is, I believe, the key to success. Why? Well because a successful business puts its customer at the heart of everything they do and that's what marketing is all about. Identifying, anticipating and satisfying customer requirements whilst making a profit. And that's why I also believe that marketing needs to be seen as an investment rather than an expense.
This course is not about how to spend a given amount of money on marketing. It's about how to understand the cost of marketing and how to set a marketing budget that will achieve business goals. I'm going to share with you my top tips for reducing marketing costs and we're going to look at understanding the importance of numbers in marketing. There's a lot to cover so let's get started.
- Establishing marketing goals
- Pricing products and services
- Setting the marketing budget
- Managing and reducing costs
- Measuring what matters to your business