Learn all about marketing to the largest buying segment in the economy—millennials.
- Think about this. Just 10 years ago the iPhone was in its infancy, and social media was just getting started. Those two factors alone have completely changed the marketing and advertising landscape and along with it, the consumer mindset. Now, businesses have to position their marketing strategies to appeal to the digital consumer. And at the forefront of that change is the millennial generation. Millennials, those 18 to 35, are the largest generation on the planet and have the annual spending power of 200 billion dollars, which is why this consumer group is top of mind.
If you don't take the time to understand the millennial mindset, you will never be able to market to them effectively and efficiently. And that is what we're here to do. Hello, I'm Chelsea Krost, Millennial Expert and Marketing Strategist, and I've been working in the millennial space since I was 16 years old. And yes, I happen to be a millennial myself. In this course, we'll start by debunking millennial stereotypes and dive into the millennial mindset. Then we'll cover the top marketing tactics that appeal to this digital native generation, such as content marketing, native advertising, and social media.
And we'll also cover the hottest and most influential strategy that is converting millennial consumers today. And that is influencer marketing. Plus, we'll talk about how to customize your marketing messaging to appeal to the six micro markets within the overall millennial generation. So if you're ready, let's get started.
- Cite the ways in which millennials are a catalyst for change.
- Describe effective ways to attract millennials to an event.
- Explain how to define your signature traffic builder.
- Describe how referral and affiliate links help generate traffic.
- Summarize the top five ways to compensate an influencer.
- Explain the importance of creating a social media content calendar.