Use brand choreography—a seven-step integrated marketing framework—to market to customers across multiple channels: traditional, digital, and social media.
- Whether you're a marketer for an up and coming start up, a global giant, or something in between, you're probably wondering, what's the best integrated marketing strategy for my brand? You know, that can feel like a tough question to answer. After all, we live in a disruptive era of marketing transformation. From the rise of new media to the explosion of big data. Not to mention shifting customer expectations and decline in brand trust the challenges are many, and the solutions hard to nail down.
Hi, I'm Mark Burgess, president of The Blue Focus Marketing. TedX speaker, and co-author of The Social Employee. I've been working with global brands for over 25 years. To breathe new life into your integrated marketing communication strategy you need a new way of thinking, a proven framework for success. In this course, discover the power of brand choreography. An innovative seven step framework designed to help you deliver the right message to the right person at the right place, and at the right time.
The result, better execution of business objectives. A better customer experience. And even turbo-charged ROI. Here, we'll talk all about brand value propositions, strategic positioning, target buyer personas, traditional, digital, and social marketing vehicles. And metrics. All fueled by winning content marketing strategies. My hope is that you'll be ready to design and develop your own dynamic campaigns by combining core marketing principles with the latest tools and best practices.
And guided by examples from some of today's leading brands. Let's get started.
Learn about brand value propositions, strategic positioning, buyer personas, the latest thinking on content marketing, and traditional, digital, mobile, and social marketing vehicles. Discover how metrics can help you make better data-driven decisions. Find out how to develop integrated campaigns that offer better customer experience and better ROI.
- Seven-step branding
- SWOT analysis
- Building a value proposition for your brand
- Creating buyer personas
- Creating engaging content (content marketing)
- Managing media and communication channels
- Mapping the customer experience
- Engaging social employees
- Real-time marketing and neuromarketing