Learn how to research your marketing communication needs, craft a message that resonates with your audience, and figure out a marketing plan that works for your team.
- There's no question that the media landscape is evolving, technology's advancing, and consumers are deciding how and when they want to receive their information. Today's marketer has to be tuned in to customer data, new ways to reach their audience with compelling messages, and measurement that proves they're creating impact and business value. You have to learn how to be less of a distraction and more of a valuable resource. Welcome to Marketing Communications.
I'm Deirdre Breakenridge, and I've been teaching, consulting with businesses, and writing about marketing communications for over 25 years. This Marketing Communications course will help you to chart your marketing roadmap. We'll move through pre-launch research and the planning that's necessary for a successful program, to the execution of your marketing plan, followed by your measurement program. We're going to talk about research and uncovering market and customer intelligence.
You'll learn different ways to create messages that resonate, find your audience where they congregate, gain a competitive advantage, and ignite your brand ambassadors to be a part of your marketing program. We'll also dive into different marketing strategies for advertising, public relations, social media, SEO, and more. Marketing Communications will give you a high-level look at the most essential steps to creating your marketing plan and tracking your program through a measurement dashboard.
Are you ready to roll up your sleeves to dive in? Let's get started.
- Recall the definition of a brand positioning statement.
- Explain the importance of market research.
- Recognize the definition of market segmentation.
- Summarize the characteristics of three types of competitors.
- List three key inputs of a marketing communications program.
- Determine the best strategy for standing out when there is a lot of competition.