Author Chris Goward shows how to become an optimization master and gain growth insights to build customer understanding.
- The reason you need to test goes beyond…simply avoiding mistakes.…As much as you believe you understand your customers…and are communicating effectively,…what you see in your marketing…is different than what your customers do.…You see, what you think you're communicating…to your visitors is not what they understand.…The messages you send are filtered…through your customers perception.…You've likely heard of the rose-colored glasses idea…where someone only sees the positive.…Well, your customers have their own perceptual glasses…that filter what you say before they understand it,…and their glasses probably aren't rose-colored.…
The only way to understand which messages work…for each of your customers or segments,…is to talk to them and test how they respond.…I hope at this point you've realized the value of testing…to find out whether your insights work.…The real secret to a great optimization program…is to understand that there are two goals…to every experiment.…One is growth, getting winning results,…and the other is insights, or what you learn…
Chris Goward has helped lead conversion optimization and personalization strategies for companies like IBM, Google, and HP. Join him in this course to learn the principles of marketing personalization, and strategies to put personalization to work in your campaigns. Chris reviews the different personalization platforms, and explains how to integrate them into your existing toolset. He helps you sort through data and find new opportunities, and prioritize your projects using the PIE framework.
- Why is personalization important?
- When to use personalization
- Integrating personalization platforms
- Personalizing existing targets
- Finding new opportunities
- Using personalization data
- Validating with A/B testing for growth and insights