In this video, explore how and why different channels and media formats capture and keep customer attention.
- A 2013 study by Microsoft…pointed out that highly digitized consumers…basically have the attention of a goldfish.…That's about eight seconds.…To stand out today and to have a greater impact,…offer different types of media experiences.…Let's start off first with earned media…because that's familiar territory.…Earned media can be editorial coverage in print,…or online in reviews and ratings,…or it could be your comments from your customers,…or coverage in the form of a blog post.…
When someone else talks about your brand, product,…or service, it carries so much more weight…than when you try to convince somebody of your worth.…Earned media serves a very specific purpose.…It gives a brand trust and credibility.…The next type of media is owned media.…Owned media can be in the form of website content,…blog articles, posts on social media channels, or videos.…Owned media is still a controlled type of story,…and includes a variety of content…to raise audience interest.…
PR professionals are also turning to brand journalism…
- Explain the value of developing an audience profile.
- Describe the SWOT model and how it can be used to identify threats.
- Name and summarize the 4Cs of developing effective messaging.
- Summarize how thinking like a journalist helps an organization build media relationships.
- Examine the importance of developing community before a crisis strikes.
- Differentiate between an issue and a crisis.
- Cite ways to stop the spread of fake news.
- Define “post-mortem” and describe its value for identifying lessons learned after a crisis.
Skill Level Beginner
Public Relations Foundations: Media Trainingwith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 25m Intermediate
Launch Your Product to the Presswith Andrea Holland34m 45s Beginner
Marketing Communicationswith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 40m Beginner
1. From PR to PR Expanded
2. Today's Consumers
Developing audience profiles2m 42s
3. The Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Relationships and Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. The Value of PR
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.