Author Chris Goward demonstrates, with a case study example, how to analyze segments within your A/B testing results to gain personalization insights. The discoveries show how seasonality affects conversion rates.
- You can use inductive analysis…to gain personalization insights from your data.…Inductive investigation asks,…how I can interpret the specific behaviors I'm seeing…or how can I induce general personalization approaches…from individual patterns?…So, I'm actually observing behaviors within my data…and trying to relate them to potential general theories…that could give me more robust understanding…of my customers overall.…This is a bottom up approach…versus a top down approach that's deductive.…Here's an example.…
This is a landing page for International Rescue Committee,…a well-known nonprofit…that does international disaster relief work.…Their goal was to maximize their donations from this page…for all types of incoming traffic sources.…So, we need to optimize, in a short window of time,…their donation value and revenue…from this marketing experience.…We had to create dramatic new approaches…to get results quickly in a limited timeframe.…We analyzed the page first using the LIFT model,…identified the conversion barriers,…
Chris Goward has helped lead conversion optimization and personalization strategies for companies like IBM, Google, and HP. Join him in this course to learn the principles of marketing personalization, and strategies to put personalization to work in your campaigns. Chris reviews the different personalization platforms, and explains how to integrate them into your existing toolset. He helps you sort through data and find new opportunities, and prioritize your projects using the PIE framework.
- Why is personalization important?
- When to use personalization
- Integrating personalization platforms
- Personalizing existing targets
- Finding new opportunities
- Using personalization data
- Validating with A/B testing for growth and insights