Learn the two-phased approach to continuous improvement and the infinity optimization process for creating delightful user experiences.
- When I was a child, I thought adults must know everything.…To have a good life, an adult should simply have to do…what everyone knows is best.…Decisions would be easy in that kind of world.…Imagine my disappointment in growing up…to find out that reality is not nearly so clean and tidy.…Now even in business, have you noticed…how messy it seems to be?…Ideas pop up randomly, personalities create power struggles,…decisions are made without clear rationale…and nobody agrees on everything.…Now I believe one of the most important differences…between mediocrity and great success in business…is how clearly a person thinks.…
And one of the most important discoveries I made…early in my career was the power of using framework thinking…to improve thought clarity.…Framework thinking uses heuristics, or rules of thumb,…along with diagrams and categorizations…to help make sense of complex topics.…A great framework can help you understand a topic…or answer an important question…with less guesswork and ambiguity.…Marketers use some common frameworks every day…
- Recognize that focusing too much on conversion rate optimization can hurt sales.
- Distinguish the area of CRO that focuses on the transaction portion of a business.
- Identify which business goals CRO testing is most effective for.
- Predict which type of pages you can test quickly that will have the largest impact to your business.
- Explain the difference between PODs, POPs, and POIs.
- Describe the two overarching goals of CRO experiments.