What's happening under the hood of your website can be difficult to see, but can have a significant impact on your SEO. In this video, learn how to use Google Lighthouse to reveal technical problems with your website.
- [Instructor] Most of Google's web-based auditing tools … are actually built on the foundation … of a resource called Google Lighthouse. … And Lighthouse just so happens to be built directly … in to Google Chrome, which makes it incredibly accessible … to run SEO audits right out of the browser. … Once you have Google Chrome installed, you're going … to select View, Developer, and Developer Tools … from the drop down. … Now, I'm using a Mac, but this follows fairly similar … if you're on a PC. … You'll notice that the developer panel opens up, … and if I select the double arrow icon to the right, … I can select Audits from the drop down menu. … Here we can run a Lighthouse audit right … from within the browser. … And this is valuable because unlike most … of Google's web tools, we do have the ability … to toggle between mobile and desktop. … We can select which audits we want to run and the type … of throttling that's important to us. … So here we have mobile, and we're going to go ahead …
- Setting SEO goals
- Working with Google Search Console
- Evaluating SEO problems
- Using Google diagnostic tools, including web.dev
- Configuring and using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
- Using BuzzSumo for content research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google Diagnostic Tools
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Keyword Resources
6. Google Structured Data
9. Bonus Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.