In this video, learn how to optimize your content through different channels.
- There was a time that families gathered around the TV…watching network news.…This seems like 100 years ago.…Call it a cultural shift or technological change,…your audience is gathering news…and information in different places.…To capture any group's attention,…you have to optimize your content.…This means proactively creating content…for people to find, and developing stories…that stand out in their preferred channels.…Let's start with helping people to find your content.…
Your messages and content should include the keywords…or key phrases that people use to search…for the products they need.…This is commonly referred to as search engine optimization,…or SEO.…Now, because people use voice search,…you should focus on keyword clusters,…or words grouped together.…You can also add meta and title tags…and relevant links to all of your writing.…Of course, when your content is constantly updated,…you have a much better chance of rising organically…in the search engine results pages, or SERPs.…
But there's more to maximum attention.…
- Explain the value of developing an audience profile.
- Describe the SWOT model and how it can be used to identify threats.
- Name and summarize the 4Cs of developing effective messaging.
- Summarize how thinking like a journalist helps an organization build media relationships.
- Examine the importance of developing community before a crisis strikes.
- Differentiate between an issue and a crisis.
- Cite ways to stop the spread of fake news.
- Define “post-mortem” and describe its value for identifying lessons learned after a crisis.
Skill Level Beginner
Public Relations Foundations: Media Trainingwith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 25m Intermediate
Launch Your Product to the Presswith Andrea Holland34m 45s Beginner
Marketing Communicationswith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 40m Beginner
1. From PR to PR Expanded
2. Today's Consumers
Developing audience profiles2m 42s
3. The Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Relationships and Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. The Value of PR
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.