Understand the mobile user's goals and impact on UX.
- In marketing today, the website is your hub, and so you have to think in terms of how people visit that website. And increasingly, it is on a mobile device. I want you to do something, if you've got a mobile device with you right now, take it out and look at your website or any website. How does it look compared to on a desktop or a laptop? Now, I'm hoping your website looks great. But if not, this is one of the first places we are going to have to start. Today, 72% of website visitors, using a mobile device, take action in an hour.
Would that be important for you? Now there are two ways for you to get there in a mobile-friendly website design. The first is called responsive design. And then the other is just a mobile design. Now with responsive design, essentially, your site responds to the browser. So there can't be any pinching or scrolling that's going on. You've probably all visited those sites where everything goes off of the window. That's a really bad experience, and that's not only going to hurt you with Google and the search engines, it's certainly going to hurt you with your visitor.
Now a mobile design, takes your site, your homepage, and really re-engineers the entire thing. And what you wanna think about is what's a mobile user looking for? Now typically, people aren't doing extensive research on a mobile device. A lot of times they want directions or hours or a phone number to call, so there are things that need to come front and center on a mobile design that wouldn't necessarily have to be on a typical design. Navigation needs to be less.
It needs to be easy. Don't worry about white space. People need to be able to breathe on a mobile space. And you wanna make sure that your elements are tappable. If somebody goes there and they want a phone number, they want that phone on their phone to ring. So rethink everything about how you approach and what the objectives are on that mobile design, and you will create a great experience for your mobile visitors.
- Thinking through the design of your mobile website
- Making your content mobile friendly and scannable
- Best practices for mobile forms and transactions
- Mobile SEO hacks
- Improving your mobile click-through rate
- How to think about social posts for mobile
- Mobile campaigns
- Device targeting with ads