In this video, get an overview of the tools and resources available for technical SEO. SEO spans many areas, and there are specialty tools for each category.
- [Instructor] Search engines are built around their … ability to index pages, so it's very important that your … site is accessible to crawlers and that they can get … to all the important pages within it. … Additionally, your site's usability and accessibility … on a mobile device are also very important to Google. … Technical issues can cause Google to take detours … and the more detours it has to take, I'll say the more … frustrated Google gets and the more frustrated, … well the less you'll rank. … In this area, the top technical tools that you want … to focus on for your toolkit are the Google Search Console, … all of Google's diagnostic tools which include web.dev, … PageSpeed Insights, Test My Site, Lighthouse, … and the Structured Data Tester. … Now most of Google's diagnostic tools for page speed … and user experience are primarily the same. … So the two that you'll likely focus most of your time … on are Lighthouse or web.dev. … Now another great technical tool is Screaming Frog SEO …
- Setting SEO goals
- Working with Google Search Console
- Evaluating SEO problems
- Using Google diagnostic tools, including web.dev
- Configuring and using the Screaming Frog SEO Spider
- Getting started with Keyword Planner
- Structuring data
- Using SEMrush
- Conducting keyword research
- Using BuzzSumo for content research
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Look at Goals
2. Google Search Console
3. Google Diagnostic Tools
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider
5. Keyword Resources
6. Google Structured Data
9. Bonus Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.