Learn how to keep teams aligned and how to communicate effectively to master your product marketing.
- One of the biggest challenges in product marketing…is the alignment of responsibilities and goals…between various teams within a company.…You need to have a way for people in the company…to understand what the product is, what problem it solves,…and how it fits into the market.…It must be clear on where it'll win, where it'll lose,…and what sets it apart from the pack.…There are many ways that you can keep teams in alignment…and here's a few that I've encountered throughout my career.…Start with an internal product outline.…
Put together a document that explains the what, the why,…the how, the when, and the where.…This is useful at all stages of a product's lifecycle…and serves as a self-service resource for others…to find the answers they need to do their job…in alignment with the product marketing vision.…Be sure it answers questions like what is our product?…Why are we building this product?…How will the consumer hear about this product?…When will we launch?…And where will the product be sold?…Next, consider in-person training.…
- Identify the phase when it would be best to spend the most money on marketing.
- Recall the question you must continually consider in the development phase.
- Recognize why it might be a good strategy for a company to do a refresh on a product.
- Recognize when tertiary competitors can pose a risk to your market share.
- Explain where to place a product’s value proposition in a team aligning document.