Learn how to market and promote your next event.
- [Luan] From private events hosted by individuals for special occasions, such as birthdays, weddings, christenings, Bar Mitzvahs, where the guest list is private, those live performance events that involve music, theater, dance, sports, et cetera, these are often large-scale productions, and as exciting as they can all be, they're not covered specifically within this course. The techniques that we'll be talking about are relevant to charity and fundraising events, but mostly we're looking at corporate events. By 2020, 3.2 million global professional events will be taking place on an annual basis.
$512 billion is spent annually on corporate events and it's a huge marketing challenge to attract delegates to make all those events a success. Hi, I'm Luan Wise. I'm a chartered marketer and published author. We're going to look at why events are such a great marketing tool in themselves. We're going to look at the different types of events and the three stages of event marketing. We're going to identify the resources you need for marketing an event and different methods of promotion, from traditional advertising and PR to direct mail, door drops, mobile, and social media.
Whether you're marketing your own event or marketing your attendance at an event organized by someone else, this course is for you. There's a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- Identify the three stages of event marketing.
- Determine the necessary resources for marketing an event.
- Break down the methods for effectively promoting a business event through email.
- Explore the fundamentals of effectively promoting a business event using direct mail and door-drops.
- Identify the steps for utilizing the social media sites Facebook and Instagram to successfully promote a business event.