See an overview of Google Tag Manager 360 and the function of a tag manager within the suite.
- [Instructor] One thing you'll know…if you've been dealing with marketing technology…is that there are a lot of pixels and code and tags…that make it all work.…Whether you're using analytics tools to track things,…conversion tracking to understand…which of your campaigns are working,…testing tools, personalization tools,…survey or voice of customer tools,…CRMs or DMPs, CMSs, EDWs, or dozens more acronyms,…there is a dependency on technical resources…to get things done.…What tag managers do is reduce that dependency…by streamlining the process of exposing data…and firing tags.…
Let's take a relatively simple example.…You've got an ecommerce website…and someone makes a purchase.…When that happens, you're going to want to do things…like track the transaction in your web analytics tool…and fire off a bunch of conversion tracking pixels…from the various digital advertising channels…that you're using.…You might also want to add that purchase…to a backend customer record.…Suddenly, there's a lot of code to put in…and a lot of technical help needed.…
David begins by going through each application and sharing best practices for using each tool, and then provides an example scenario demonstrating how each tool can be used together in order to solve typical issues faced by today's enterprise marketer.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Collecting and analyzing data with Google Analytics 360
- Streamlining technical implementations with Google Tag Manager 360
- Testing and personalizing with Optimize 360
- Attributing value to campaigns with Attribution 360
- Integrating Google Surveys 360 as a source of customer data
- Tracking and optimizing a typical digital consumer interaction
- Managing, activating, and reporting across multichannel marketing campaigns
- Optimizing digital budget allocations with attribution