Learn the importance of research that utilizes new tools & techniques to uncover market insights about your customers.
- I've spent many hours in board rooms with CMOs…and their marketing teams strategizing over product launches…and marketing and lead generation programs.…The first step to marketing to your audience…is understanding who they are, what they care about,…and why you should share communication with them.…Research is your opportunity to gather intelligence…and to help your company learn more about the market.…Yet many companies want to skip or rush through…to get their communication distributed.…
If there's one thing I've learned in marketing,…it's that you can't skip or ignore the research.…In this video, I'm going to share why market research…is so important, what you can learn through your research…using different techniques, and the effective tools…that can help you to learn more about your competition,…and even better, your customer.…Let's start with why market research is so important…so that you can make a case for moving beyond…what professionals call their informal or internal research.…
First, market research reduces your risk…
- Recall the definition of a brand positioning statement.
- Explain the importance of market research.
- Recognize the definition of market segmentation.
- Summarize the characteristics of three types of competitors.
- List three key inputs of a marketing communications program.
- Determine the best strategy for standing out when there is a lot of competition.