In this video, learn how to identify different ways to reinforce good marketing ethics in your organization.
- Ever since I was young, I remember seeing TV commercials … and magazine ads for Volvo. … They reinforce safety as number one, … and it's been their top priority … since the earliest days of the company. … After hearing safety is number one for so long, … I decided to buy a Volvo for my family. … The same thing happens when teaching marketing ethics. … The more you expose your employees to good marketing ethics … and reinforce the benefits, … the more you'll see good decision-making among employees. … Here are some of the ways … you can support ethical decision-making in your company. … Turn to your department heads and give them the green light … to offer spot bonuses for good marketing ethics. … Let's say a situation starts to play out … and your manager makes the right decision, … saving customers from unnecessary harm. … The action should be recognized on the spot. … Most employees at your company would love a surprise bonus. … Even a nominal amount makes a statement. … It's not the dollar amount, but it's recognizing …
- Examine the connection between leadership accountability and ethical practices.
- List three unethical behaviors that have a negative impact on marketing.
- Explain why marketing ethics training should not be a stand-alone program.
- Recognize the negative impact of using the word “testing” when assessing the effectiveness of an ethics training program.
- Review the importance of being open and transparent with clients.