Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Radio advertising, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- Personally, I can't remember the last time…I heard a radio advertisement.…I stream just about everything these days.…But I'm surprisingly not in the majority…and as marketers, we have to ignore our own behaviors…and instead look to the behaviors of who we're targeting.…According to Nielsen Media Research,…in 2016, 91% of Americans, ages 12 or older…listened to radio in a given week.…A number that has changed very little since 2009.…Radio is still an incredibly viable opportunity…for offline marketing and it has several benefits.…
For starters, it's affordable.…Compared to television ads,…radio is significantly less expensive.…For a small, local town,…a weekly spend can be as low as $500.…For a larger city such as Los Angeles,…rates are typically between $4,000 and $8,000.…Because ads are so affordable, you can run more of them…and it's that frequency that really helps you close deals.…Another benefit is how quick it is to get started.…Most radio stations can produce the radio ad for you.…
From concept to air can be as little as a few days.…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.