In this video, learn how writing has changed as a result of social media and how different channels require specific types of content.
- No matter what kind of PR writing,…you need to share compelling messages,…but social media writing is different…than traditional PR writing, although news releases,…bylines, newsletters, annual reports,…and op-ed pieces are still important types…of content to master.…But how you craft your Facebook post,…draft the perfect tweet, and blog post writing…takes additional skills.…Let's talk about best practices for a variety of content…to engage audiences and to create awareness.…
Then I'll dive into specifics like…how to write on Twitter versus Facebook.…Social media is for people, so always be human…in your writing.…Don't talk at people, talk with them.…Make them feel they're part of the conversation.…Let them know they matter.…Use comments to say something like,…thank you so much for taking the time…to share your thoughts, Sharron,…and then ask a question to keep the conversation going.…You have to listen carefully to hear…what you should talk about.…
If no one cares about spammy marketing messages…through traditional channels,…
- Explain the value of developing an audience profile.
- Describe the SWOT model and how it can be used to identify threats.
- Name and summarize the 4Cs of developing effective messaging.
- Summarize how thinking like a journalist helps an organization build media relationships.
- Examine the importance of developing community before a crisis strikes.
- Differentiate between an issue and a crisis.
- Cite ways to stop the spread of fake news.
- Define “post-mortem” and describe its value for identifying lessons learned after a crisis.
Skill Level Beginner
Public Relations Foundations: Media Trainingwith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 25m Intermediate
Launch Your Product to the Presswith Andrea Holland34m 45s Beginner
Marketing Communicationswith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 40m Beginner
1. From PR to PR Expanded
2. Today's Consumers
Developing audience profiles2m 42s
3. The Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Relationships and Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. The Value of PR
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.