Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Public Relations Foundations.
- Congratulations on completing the PR Foundations course.…Now you're ready to kick off your PR program.…Gather your PR team to discuss how you'll move…through strategy and planning…to build awareness and relationships.…Make sure your PR plan matches your current resources.…You've learned that PR's role is to communicate…for your company and to monitor…how groups perceive messages.…So the tools you explore and put in place…have to be right for your team.…Have your team demo and test.…
If they're using the tools then you'll want…them to feel comfortable with the selection.…As you gear up for storytelling from different channels,…get in the habit of sharing on…the inside of your company too.…Use a shared space, it'll really help the ideas…and the information to flow internally…and externally as well.…For your measurement, set you KPIs and benchmark over time.…However, it's okay to test different metrics…and explore platforms to measure…outside of your existing campaign dashboard.…
Continuous testing and being a tech tester…
- Explain the value of developing an audience profile.
- Describe the SWOT model and how it can be used to identify threats.
- Name and summarize the 4Cs of developing effective messaging.
- Summarize how thinking like a journalist helps an organization build media relationships.
- Examine the importance of developing community before a crisis strikes.
- Differentiate between an issue and a crisis.
- Cite ways to stop the spread of fake news.
- Define “post-mortem” and describe its value for identifying lessons learned after a crisis.
Skill Level Beginner
Public Relations Foundations: Media Trainingwith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 25m Intermediate
Launch Your Product to the Presswith Andrea Holland34m 45s Beginner
Marketing Communicationswith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 40m Beginner
1. From PR to PR Expanded
2. Today's Consumers
Developing audience profiles2m 42s
3. The Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Relationships and Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. The Value of PR
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.