Join David Booth for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of GDPR for Marketers.
- Thanks for joining me in this course, and I hope you have a better understanding of GDPR and what it means to you as a marketer. Of course, this is an immense topic, but as a marketer, it's not only important to understand exactly what you'll be on the hook for, but also to have some actions you can take to plug you into the broader organization's approach to the GDPR, get you started, or help you along your own GDPR and privacy journey. This can all be overwhelming and even a bit stressful, but understanding the regulation, knowing what you need to do, and having solid next steps can help make all of it a bit less daunting.
Good luck on your path to compliance, and I hope this presents not just an operational exercise, but an opportunity you can take advantage of to take your organization to another level and drive deeper connections and relationships with the people you serve.
- Define “personal data.”
- Name three data subject rights provided by GDPR.
- Recall the steps that need to be taken to comply with GDPR.
- Explain “privacy by design.”
- Identify the responsibilities of a data protection officer.
- Recognize the steps required to audit your data and processes.