Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Newspaper and print ads, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- We often think of a newspaper…as a stuffy source of news in black-and-white…detective dramas.…But newspaper print ads are alive and well.…And this goes beyond the stereotypical…classified section of the paper.…Local and national newspapers run ads…both in their print and digital editions.…Newspaper ads come in a wide variety of publications,…sizes, and more, to broadcast your brand.…Now it's easy to have grand ideas of a full-page ad…in the New York Times.…But the majority of businesses are better served…by looking at local newspapers first.…
It's all about your audience.…You can make the most of your budget,…and see better return on your investment,…if you can get hyper-specific by targeting readers…of smaller local newspapers.…Now pricing depends on many factors.…Large, national papers charge an arm and a leg…for ads, while smaller, regional newspapers…have cheaper options.…You'll wanna contact the newspaper…and ask them for their rate card.…This document will tell you the newspaper's pricing,…deadlines, and formatting requirements.…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.