Learn how to establish metrics that link to business outcomes.
- [Man] A good friend of mine and PR agency owner…created and runs a popular blog called Spinsucks.…Her blog offers tips and advice…on digital marketing and communications…and one of the most popular topics is measurement.…In fact, if you search the term "measurement" on Spinsucks,…you'll find lots of helpful posts.…Measurement can be complex but it's not rocket science…and there's no perfect solution or one-size-fits-all.…You start by establishing goals…tied to your business objectives.…
So what are some of the things you can measure on your blog?…Let's go to our Google Analytics page,…click the sign-in, click on analytics,…and it'll take you right there.…So when you get to your Google page,…you can see you can measure the number of users you have,…the bounce rate, or how long they've stayed on your site.…You can also look at where your traffic is coming from,…so in this case I noticed I'm getting a lot of referrals…so that means I'll wanna continue…to build my network and share on social.…
You can look at how active your users are over time,…
- Explain how to determine the purpose of your company’s blog.
- Differentiate among the various top blogging platforms.
- Describe how to choose and write editorial guidelines.
- Name the six steps involved in the workflow and approvals process.
- Summarize some ways you can optimize your blog posts.
- Distinguish among curation, guest blogging, and syndication.