Learn how to showcase your marketing data in engaging ways. Get tips for reducing mental tasks for your audience, highlighting the data that matters most, establishing context, and more.
- [Ian] When it comes to presenting reports, us marketers don't walk the talk. We spend all this time telling clients to speak the audience's language, but when we present them with reports we revert to data babble. We don't try to speak the client's language. We give them stuff like this. I don't know if that works for you, but it doesn't work for me. There's a better way. Change data babble into great data visualization. Translate marketing thinking to the client's language. That's what this course is all about. When you're done, you'll know how to create data visualization that speaks to clients instead of other marketers.
I'm not going to talk much theory. Instead you'll get a step-by-step walkthrough as you turn data babble into clean, clear visualizations. This course is a set of resources and lessons to help marketers create better data visualizations. I'm really excited to have you join me for this course. Let's get started.
- Summarize the mantras of “removing” and “reducing.”
- Identify the best font type to use on slides and charts.
- Explain the undesirable effects of context manipulation.
- Recall which type of chart is most effective at showing trends over time.
- Recognize the best practices strategy for organizing a report.