Learn how to make your content mobile friendly and scannable.
- I think it's safe to say that when it comes to content, readability is key. Now, think about content on that tiny, tiny screen. There's some things that you have to think through as you design your content specifically for a mobile device. A mobile surfer wants the information now. They want it in that screen, they don't wanna have to scroll to find what they came there for, so big and bold promise on the top. This is what you came here for, this is what you're going to find. Fonts, and I will probably say this over and over again, have to be nothing smaller than 16 point in your CSS.
You wanna make sure that it is very readable on that screen. Bullet points are a great way to make your content readable. From a scannability standpoint, if somebody does have to scroll down a page, they're gonna look for sections, they're gonna look for bullet points, they're gonna look for subheads. So make sure that those are key ingredients of your mobile content. It's very fashionable to have these big headers, and I love big header graphics on a page, but they take up the entire screen and there's no information there. So you wanna make sure that you're shrinking those headers down because people want to get to work.
They wanna get to what they came there for. Now if you're gonna use some of the elements like social sharing, you wanna leave that on the screen, there are tools out there that could make that a tab on the screen. A tool like Sumo is a great tool that we've used over the years to take that off the page and put it down in the browser bar. You have to think specifically about how a mobile user's gonna read the content and then create that content and size that content specifically for them.
- Thinking through the design of your mobile website
- Making your content mobile friendly and scannable
- Best practices for mobile forms and transactions
- Mobile SEO hacks
- Improving your mobile click-through rate
- How to think about social posts for mobile
- Mobile campaigns
- Device targeting with ads