Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Mailing lists, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- Your mailing list will be essential to your success.…You start, like with most things in marketing,…by identifying who your ideal customer is.…Next, you'll work to find a list that contains…a majority of those customers.…Early on in this course I talked about…the limited targeting ability of offline media.…Well, there's an exception and it's direct mail.…Businesses have collected, sold,…and shared so much data on consumers…linked to their mailing address…that it's quite possible to buy very specific targeting.…
And when it comes to lists…you've got two primary types available to you.…The first is a compiled information list.…This is essentially a cold list.…You know very little about how this audience…responds to direct mail,…nor do you have much information on the target market.…The data on these lists come from various sources.…Residential address directories, vehicle records,…business databases, and so on.…The most common way to use a compiled information list…is through geographic targeting.…
Local businesses tend to fall into this trap though,…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.