In this video, discover why visual stories are capturing attention and which visuals can help you get noticed.
- I'm sure you've heard the saying, "Seeing is believing"…or "A picture is worth 1000 words."…The reason, we're highly visual creatures.…If you see it, you tend to understand what's being presented…more easily and learning increases.…Public relations professionals are using more visuals…in their stories from images and infographics…to live streaming videos.…But where do you start when you want to use visuals…as a part of your story telling?…Here are several ways you can incorporate visuals…into your stories.…
Get rid of the boring stock photos.…They're over used.…Invest in a high quality camera and capture your own photos.…Even if you can't, your smartphone will do the trick.…You can also combine data and imagery…to create compelling infographics.…These visuals when developed with original statistics…and great images are not only shared by your customers,…but also can be used for pitching for the media.…I had a client whose infographic ended up…on Anderson Cooper and the Nightly News with Brian Williams.…
If you make a nice infographic,…
- Explain the value of developing an audience profile.
- Describe the SWOT model and how it can be used to identify threats.
- Name and summarize the 4Cs of developing effective messaging.
- Summarize how thinking like a journalist helps an organization build media relationships.
- Examine the importance of developing community before a crisis strikes.
- Differentiate between an issue and a crisis.
- Cite ways to stop the spread of fake news.
- Define “post-mortem” and describe its value for identifying lessons learned after a crisis.
Skill Level Beginner
Public Relations Foundations: Media Trainingwith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 25m Intermediate
Launch Your Product to the Presswith Andrea Holland34m 45s Beginner
Marketing Communicationswith Deirdre Breakenridge1h 40m Beginner
1. From PR to PR Expanded
2. Today's Consumers
Developing audience profiles2m 42s
3. The Integrated Approach to PR Planning
4. Relationships and Champions
5. When Crisis Strikes
6. PR Writing Today
7. The Value of PR
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.