In this video, uncover the ways that executives can be better ethical marketing role models.
- Have you ever heard of this expression? … The buck stops here. … U.S. President Harry S. Truman made the statement … and he also kept a sign with the same phrase … on his desk in the Oval Office. … He knew it was his responsibility, … whether those decisions had good … or bad outcomes for our country. … Every leader, in every company should have that same mantra … that says the buck stops here. … When it comes to leadership and ethics, … there is a direct correlation. … The closer the connection between leadership accountability … and ethical practices, the more employees at every level … of the company will embrace and follow the standards … set by their role models. … If you say and do the right things for your organization, … then your employees will follow suit. … But if you show disregard for ethical standards … and guidelines, and don't say and do the right thing, … then your employee advocates will take your lead. … Here's what executives need to remember and do … when it comes to the connection …
- Defining your marketing ethics
- Building an ethical culture
- Ethics for advertising, PR, and cause marketing
- Training your team
- Measuring ethical behavior
- Ethics in action: case studies