In this video, learn how your team can apply ethics to their advertising practices.
- Do you remember when the FTC rolled out … with updated endorsement guidelines … recognizing a blogger's role … in their truth-in-advertising principle? … These guidelines were released as an effort … to let the public know when bloggers receive free products … or compensation for tweets and Facebook posts. … They had to disclose any material connection … they had with a brand. … But what about some of the marketing approaches … that aren't in the advertising spotlight … for unethical practices? … To make it more clearcut, … and to help you apply good judgment in your advertising, … here are four scenarios related to profit over principles, … exploiting emotions, misleading advertorials, … and driving up your website ad clicks. … Scenario number one, profit over principles. … You're a cosmetic brand, and your advertising touts … that you're cruelty-free. … Your marketing team wants to continue with this practice … even though you're rolling out internationally … to areas of the world where the testing is on animals. …
- Examine the connection between leadership accountability and ethical practices.
- List three unethical behaviors that have a negative impact on marketing.
- Explain why marketing ethics training should not be a stand-alone program.
- Recognize the negative impact of using the word “testing” when assessing the effectiveness of an ethics training program.
- Review the importance of being open and transparent with clients.