Author Chris Goward explains the three must-haves for a personalization program—data, people, and process.
- Before I dig any deeper into how to do personalization,…you need to first determine whether personalization…is the right tactic for your company right now.…Let's look at three basic questions…that will help you figure out…your personalization maturity and fit.…The first one is, do I have an experienced optimization team…that can run and experiment…with a personalization program?…You need a team that can manage your strategy,…maintain your segments and messaging,…and manage your personalization tool.…Personalization programs add maintenance costs…and require some specialized skills.…
You should make sure you have those resources in place…before buying personalization tools.…The second question is, do I have a process…for validating my personalization ideas?…Personalization is a hypothesis until it's tested.…Your assumptions about your audience segments…and the best messaging for those segments…are assumptions until they've been validated.…Great personalization strategy…is about having a rigorous process that allows for,…
Chris Goward has helped lead conversion optimization and personalization strategies for companies like IBM, Google, and HP. Join him in this course to learn the principles of marketing personalization, and strategies to put personalization to work in your campaigns. Chris reviews the different personalization platforms, and explains how to integrate them into your existing toolset. He helps you sort through data and find new opportunities, and prioritize your projects using the PIE framework.
- Why is personalization important?
- When to use personalization
- Integrating personalization platforms
- Personalizing existing targets
- Finding new opportunities
- Using personalization data
- Validating with A/B testing for growth and insights