Learn about common mistakes B2B marketers make when writing objectives, and receive a list of dos and don'ts.
- Here are the most common mistakes I've seen even…the most experienced marketers make when writing objectives.…Not aligning business, marketing,…and communications objectives,…not writing smart objectives, not obtaining approval…of your objectives from decision makers,…not considering the customer's perspective.…How do you avoid these common mistakes?…Here's how.…Don't rush to write objectives.…
This is an important part of the marketing planning process.…If you don't get your objectives right,…you're setting you and your whole team up for failure.…Don't ignore other disciplines across your organization.…If one group doesn't know what the other group is doing,…objectives will be disjointed,…and marketing tactics will not create a positive,…seamless customer experience.…Don't be too aggressive in objective-setting.…I've seen way too many marketers with the best of intentions…overpromise what they can deliver…based on their budget or team size.…
That's a setup for failure.…Don't ignore your customer or have tunnel vision,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Learning the role of a B2B marketer
- Maximizing the relationship between B2B marketers and sales
- Setting objectives
- Writing different types of objectives
- Benchmarking against objectives
- Identifying your competition
- Anticipating future trends
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Developing buyer personas
- Writing an insightful creative brief
- Measuring and optimizing