Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Keys to offline marketing success, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- In the very early years of marketing,…I'm talking way before the internet,…strategies were all about volume.…Channels were limited,…so you just blasted your message everywhere.…And over time, marketing channels fragmented,…newspapers multiplied, and each…targeted different demographics.…Magazines started chasing after narrower and narrower…target markets, and this was a way to sell ads.…You created a publication specifically,…for say, bird watching hobbyists, so you could sell ads…for companies that produced binoculars.…
You could place a magazine in front of a massive audience…for cheap at the local newsstand,…and then the audience would grab…whatever captivated their interest.…And now, you were in front of your target market.…Now television programming did this too,…as it got more and more specific,…providing consumers with tons of choice.…This fragmentation made marketing more challenging,…but also, more effective.…Now you could purchase ads that were reasonably targeted,…but you have to sort through a tremendous number…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.