Join Brad Batesole for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to print advertising, part of Offline Marketing Foundations.
- Although print is one of the oldest forms…of advertising media, it's the most resilient.…Even in our digital-loving world,…print advertising is still alive and well.…We see it in magazines or the checkout lane…of the grocery store and our local community…newspapers and roadside billboards.…There is also a deeper psychological connection…with printed pages, which helps increase…the effectiveness of print advertising.…Whenever a new advertising medium pops up,…everyone loves to proclaim it'll be the demise of print.…The digital age was supposed to topple print channels,…but this hasn't happened.…
Sure, print advertising has changed with the times.…We have to be more clever and innovative…to reach an audience while keeping costs low.…There's also a need to combine print with digital,…marrying the best of both worlds for maximum reach.…In an article published by the American Marketing…Association, they cite that while print circulations…are down, the remaining readers…of each publication are the most engaged,…which is a desirable trait from an advertising standpoint.…
- Identify the pros and cons of offline marketing.
- Recognize the fundamentals of audience development in offline marketing.
- Recognize how to break down expenses when setting up an offline marketing budget.
- Explore the elements of using direct mail in offline marketing.
- Examine the use of events such as promotional giveaways and trade shows in offline marketing.
- Identify the pros and cons of using print advertising in offline marketing.
- Break down the benefits of television and radio advertising.
- Explore the fundamentals of using promotions in offline marketing.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Offline Marketing Overview
Deciding how much to spend4m 38s
3. Direct Mail
6. Television and Radio
Getting media mentions4m 50s
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.