Author Chris Goward shows what you need in a personalization platform and how to approach data integration.
- Getting your personalization technology right…is important to enable your strategy.…The first step in laying your personalization foundation…is to integrate your personalization data.…You'll want to make sure all of the tools are set up correctly…to share data with each other.…There are two types of data to consider.…One is your exploratory data.…This may include research studies, user test findings,…general web analytics insights, et cetera.…I'm talking about the data you collect that may be…qualitative or quantitative which give you your insights…and drive your personalization hypotheses.…
You'll want to leverage your understanding…of your existing personas, your business, customers,…and industry, as well as any heuristic analysis…you've already conducted to begin testing…personalization experiences.…The second type of data is dynamic.…Live data about your individual users that help…your personalization system create…their individual experiences.…Ideally, you'll end up with a single view of your customers…
Chris Goward has helped lead conversion optimization and personalization strategies for companies like IBM, Google, and HP. Join him in this course to learn the principles of marketing personalization, and strategies to put personalization to work in your campaigns. Chris reviews the different personalization platforms, and explains how to integrate them into your existing toolset. He helps you sort through data and find new opportunities, and prioritize your projects using the PIE framework.
- Why is personalization important?
- When to use personalization
- Integrating personalization platforms
- Personalizing existing targets
- Finding new opportunities
- Using personalization data
- Validating with A/B testing for growth and insights