Gain general knowledge of the different areas within digital marketing that should be on your radar.
- [Anson] Let's go over some of the different areas of digital marketing that will be discussed in this course. Depending on the goals of your organization, there maybe certain areas where you'll need to rely more heavily on paid tools, and then other areas where you can get away with using free tools. Social media can be used for organic digital marketing purposes, in which you're not paying for anything, you're just trying to gain subscribers and a following based on content that you're posting. Of course, on most platforms, you can also boost your posts to gain more traction.
We're not talking about display advertising in social media, however. The difference between paid posts and display ads, is that for paid posts you're publishing a regular post that you would normally publish for free, but instead you're paying to have it boosted and to reach a wider audience. Display advertising on social media, is when you pay for a banner on the sidebar of say Facebook, quite different from boosting a post. We will discuss some of the different tools for both of these social media marketing techniques in this course.
The second area that we will discuss, is email marketing. Yes, it is still a viable digital marketing option, depending on the goals of your organization. I will go over the top email marketing platforms available, and the pros and cons of each. We will then focus on display advertising. The most effective platforms for you to use display ads on, and the best tools for you to use when setting up your display ads. Video plays a big role in online marketing for multiple different reasons. Maybe you're looking to drive more traffic to your website by creating a helpful YouTube channel, or maybe you're looking to do some paid video advertising.
We will take a look at the best video hosting platforms, and the best places for you to run video ad campaigns. When it comes to content creation and curation, there are a ton of different tools to choose from. We will go over the best options for you to get creative, and create an organic marketing campaign to build rapport and save some of your advertising budget. It may be argued whether search engine optimization, or SEO, is considered an aspect of digital marketing, but I have certainly made good use of proper SEO techniques to drive traffic to my websites, and this course would not be complete without a discussion of the best tools to use when optimizing your website to be visible in search engines.
Finally, we will also discuss some of the best affiliate marketing tools and programs available, for organizations that are willing to give up the reins and let some others do marketing for them. It's important to understand that by looking at affiliate marketing from this perspective, we will be paying others to market our product or service, and not profiting from marketing others products or services. For all of these areas of digital marketing, I will be discussing tools and platforms that have stood the test of time and have a bright future ahead of them.
The idea of this course, is to save you time in sifting through all of the available options, and deliver the cream of the crop tools right to your doorstep.
- Tips for picking the right tool
- Promoting content in social media
- Display and video advertising tools
- Content design and content creation tools
- Top email marketing tools
- SEO tools and techniques
- Top affiliate marketing networks