Learn how to identify your current marketing culture and what may need to shift for your employees to feel as if they're a valuable part of your marketing engine.
- When you're trying to create a new marketing culture,…history will tell you a lot about where you've been…and the mistakes you've made,…especially when you want your employees…to share news on your company's behalf.…Here's a scenario that begins with a discussion…about a shift in the marketing culture…and what needs attention and buy-in from leadership.…"What do you mean our employees don't want to…"share our news with their family and friends?…"Aren't they all on social media?…"It's an opportunity to shout about us to their networks."…said John McMillan, CEO of Tech One.…
He waited impatiently for his CMO Brad Whitman to answer.…"Yes, they're on social media.…"At least that's what a company survey revealed.…"As a matter of fact, over 85% of our employee base…"use either Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube,"…Brad said.…He then added, "But their knowledge, perception,…"sharing habits, and usage doesn't directly translate…"into sharing for Tech One."…"Well, you need to fix this ASAP," barked John.…
"It should be part of their job descriptions…
- Define the marketing culture.
- Identify how to shift the culture.
- Explain the tenets of culture change management.
- Define purpose, vision, and goals.
- Train a people-first marketing culture.
- Utilize recognition and rewards.
- Measure marketing culture values.